Thursday, July 19, 2012

First Interview! And Secret Shopper.

Before my foot goes numb entirely, I have a few things to say.
Recently, I got an email offering to be a "secret shopper". Call me stupid, but I replied, and agreed n stuff, and I'm supposed to get something in the mail... I'm going to check it out, and if it looks fishy by any means. I'll throw it away, and never look back. The thingy is supposed to come on Saturday, so, I'm going to look inside, and definitely see if all the checks or whatever are legit. Or not. If they are, I dunno what to do. If they aren't then good bye, and email google telling them about the scam. I've read a lot about the "Secret Shopper Scams" so I think I have an idea of what to look for if it doesn't seem right. I've looked into it A LOT. And, I still don't know what to make of this whole thing. It seems easy. But, you never know. I don't think I'm going to go through with it though, even if it is real.

ANYWHO. I have my first job interview tomorrow! It's at Merril Gardens, where my mom works, and I'm interviewing to be a part of their dining staff, being a waitress kind of person. I am super psyched! I have a nice outfit chosen, and am ready to go! I have read up some, on long term care dining staff, and I think I've got this. I guess it sort of sucks that it's at my mom's work but, it's a job. It pays money. I'll end up having two paychecks under my belt when school time comes around, and be able to Spencer a really nice present for his birthday. Mom says it's probably going to be part time work, which is okay with me. I'll be able to go do stuff, and Merril Gardens, serves shellfish from time to time, which is pretty kickass, since I like shellfish and am totes down with that. And, I think Merril Gardens pays pretty well. I'll have to look into that. My friend Nicole is absolutely positive that I'm going to get the job, and while having money to spend is going to be awesome, not having lots of downtime is going to be lamesauce. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment